State of the Union
1) I’m not going to Camden Yards today. There was a chance, but my friend flaked. (That would be Jules, for those who know him.) I forgive him. He’s in Boston, trying to finish writing his book so he can get on with the rest of his life. I know the feeling.
2) No Camden means it’ll probably be another SIX em-effing days before my next game. I’m getting antsy. But I’m also getting maaad writing done. I’m working on my own book these days, and it’s basically done. Just gotta finish my chapter summaries for the proposal…
3) I want to get my 3,000th ball at Camden. I got #1,000 at Shea and #2,000 at Olympic Stadium. I want to keep changing things up. But there’s no telling when BALL3K will arrive. Probably next season. May 2007. That’s my prediction.
4) Someone at SportsNet NY finally sent me a copy of my “Mets Weekly” appearance. I’m still waiting on “Kids Clubhouse,” and I still have no idea how to convert/upload this stuff. At some point, though, I’m hoping it’ll all come together.
5) The Mets are in St. Louis, so I was able to catch the last few innings of last night’s game on…SportsNet NY. At one point, I saw a close-up of the commemorative ball for the New Busch Stadium. Let’s just say that I’m going to bust my heinie to get one this year, hopefully when the Cards come to Shea in August.
6) There is no number six.
7) I’m in a good mood.
8) Remember the name Angel Salome.
9) Yesterday, I walked past a T-Ball field in Brooklyn and thought about how I’d snag balls there…that is, if I counted T-Ball balls in my collection.
10) It’s 6:24am, and I haven’t gone to bed yet. In fact, I’m wide awake. If I had a treadmill, I’d run on it.