Sneak peek at Citi Field?
I have to make a decision and I need everyone’s help. There’s a college game that’s gonna be played at Citi Field on Sunday, March 29th. The choice I’m facing is:
Should I go and get a sneak peek at the stadium? Or should I wait to see Citi Field until I’m actually there for my first regular season game on April 15th?
I can think of two reasons to attend the college game and three reasons to skip it:
REASONS TO ATTEND:
1) I’ll get to scope out Citi Field and discover the best spots to snag, and then when I’m there FOR REAL on April 15th, I’ll be able to run right in like I own the place.
2) I’ll get to reconnect with a bunch of friends and fellow baseball collectors (like Greg and Clif and Gary…who else? Puck Collector?) who are all planning to be there.
REASONS TO SKIP IT:
1) If I snag baseballs at the college game, I won’t count them in my collection, and they will NOT raise money for my charity drive.
2) I like the idea of running into Citi Field on April 15th and knowing nothing about the place and being forced to quickly figure it all out on the spot, with my consecutive games streak on the line; a sneak peek would be cool, but I feel like it might take away from the TRUE experience of running into the stadium the first time it really matters.
3) I’m now working full-time on my new book; the whole thing has to be written by March 2010 so I feel all kinds of pressure to stay in and make the most of my time when I don’t *really* have to be doing anything else.
Leave a comment and tell me what you think. I’ll tally up the votes when I wake up on Thursday (March 26th), and I’ll do whatever you guys tell me.